Thursday, July 8, 2010

Florida: The Sunburn

The 50 States Adventure begins!!!!
As of right now, I've traveled to 11 different states around the country. By the end of the month, I will have visited 13 states! Yeah!!!!
For these 50 States posts, I will be sharing one or more stories about experiences I've had in each state. I have to have a story to tell ... that's the only way the state "counts" for the bucket list. ... So here goes ... first story! Probably the shortest of the tales ...

Sunburns.
Ugh! Ever had one? A really bad one??? ... I'm a redhead. I'm fair-skinned. Whew! Put those together, and you get a fried tomato after 20 minutes!!!
As a kid, my dad and mom and my brother and I traveled to Florida for vacation every summer. I don't remember too much about those vacations other than long car rides, big hotel rooms, the beach, jelly fish scaring me when they got washed ashore, and ... SUNBURNS!

One summer, I got the worst sunburn Of. My. Life.
We were out on the beach for probably 3 or 4 hours, and I put sunblock on most of my body. Forgot my back. ... Gosh. It was terrible! I was so burned that I couldn't even put a shirt on!!! It was so bad that we had to leave our vacation early 'cause I was so miserable. What a bummer. Don't remember much about the beach ... but that sunburn? Ouch! I'll never forget it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment