Saturday, December 31, 2011

Treasured Tennessee Trips

Tennessee.
Wow! I'm sure I have a bunch of stories for this place ...

Our girls trip in the summer of 2007 - Justine, Tiff, Mags, and I went to see Maggie's grandma and her friend, Leona, in Newport. Swimming in her grandma's pool, a trip to the Beehive (a really cool store full of knick knacks - I bought my first pair of crocs there that summer!), climbing the Chimneys (big ol' boulders in the mountains), shopping in Gatlinburg, lots of good food, late night ice cream sundaes, and a great road trip.

Our family Christmas (2010 and 2011) - spent the weekend with my aunt and uncle and cousins ... a cabin in the Smokies ... movie and Japanese on Christmas Day ... trip into Gatlinburg.

Trips to see Emily and Barry in Nashville - picture outings, movies, going out to eat, exploring Nashville, getting to hang out with my BBF after long absenses.

My trip to Cutter Gap - found Leonora Whitiker Wood's mission (the Christy Mission) and church where she served the Appalachian children in the early 1900s.

Lots of good stories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment