Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mical's Bucket List ... the Adventure Begins :)

So ... I'm starting a new blog! Wahoo! Over the past year, I've thought a lot about my life, who I am, my dreams and aspirations, and on and on. I watched the movie, "The Bucket List," with a couple of "big" actors - ha! They can't be THAT big (at least not to me) 'cause I can't even remember who was in the silly movie. ... It's been several months since I watched the show. I remember it wasn't all that impressive in and of itself ... but the idea behind it was pretty daggone sweet! :)

A bucket list - a list of "things" a person wants to do before he/she dies.

The movie got me thinking about what I want to do before I kick the bucket. I've worked on this list on and off over the past several months. And here's the latest version ....

MICAL'S BUCKET LIST (not necessarily in this order)

#1 Hike through New Zealand!!!

#2 - Run a mini marathon.

#3 - Read through the Bible AT LEAST 3 times ... once in my NIV, once in an ESV, and once in my wide-margin NASB.

#4 - Learn to play bar chords on my guitar.

#5 - Take swing dancing lessons.

#6 - Marry an oober godly guy!

#7 - Have at least 4 kids and homeschool them.

#8 - Take a 3-day solitude trip!

#9 - Visit my sponsored child in Bolivia.

#10 - Read all of Mere Christianity.

#11 - Take a BBF trip to the Bosom Buddies Cottages in Canada with Emily!!!

#12 - Be a waitress.

#13 - Visit all 50 states!

#14 - Go to a Gaither Vocal Band concert.

So ... this blog is for this list. I will set out to achieve these items on my list ... before I die. And since I plan to live to be about 101, I've got a lot of years to get these done! :D Come with me on an adventure called life! It's gonna be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment