Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm a waitress at The Porch ...

Have you heard of The Porch???
You need to go! It has fantastic food! And the book and tea selection isn't bad either. :)

The Porch
2411 E. Main St.
Danville, IN 46122
It's a bookstore and cafe' ... open Tuesday through Saturday 11am to 2pm.
Soups, sandwiches, pot pie, desserts, teas of many flavors ... and books!

It's an amazing little place ... and I'm a waitress there. Being a waitress is no walk in the park, I've come to find out. It's hard work staying on top of everyone's orders, making sure everyone has their drinks ... and when you've got more than 3 or 4 tables, it gets hectic pretty fast. Especially when you're the only waitress with 30 customers. Yes, I've done that before ... and yes, it was CRAZY!!! Mostly, it's a great job. I love talking to people, and I love helping or serving people. And thankfully, that's what being a waitress is. And I've found that I'm pretty good at it too. :)

I've decided that I think everyone should be a waiter or waitress at some point in their lives. It really helps ya see what they go through ... and just how difficult it is. The next time you go out to eat, put yourself in your waiter's shoes ... and tip him well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment