Saturday, July 2, 2011

The French Tip

I'm not much of a girl ...

If you know me at all, you know that I'm a hopeless romantic but not really into dresses and make-up and hair and being cute.

AN ASIDE: I will say that I've gotten better about this over the past 6 months ... ballroom dance lessons have helped with that. I have FOUR dresses in my closet right now! Can you believe it? And that doesn't count my 3 bridesmaid dresses. Man, I'm good. I have powder foundation and more than one shade of eye shadow. I have TWO sticks of eye liner! I recently got a cute pixy haircut. ...... Yeah. I can't believe it either. ...... So I'm doing better ....

But really ... I'm a jeans and t-shirt, crocs and ponytail, no make-up wearin' tomboy ... who really doesn't want to become a girl who cares about what she looks like and who looks at her. I just want to be me. ... So most of the time, the t-shirts and ponytails win out.

Ha! Well, all this rambling to say ... in addition to my new dressy clothes and make-up and haircut ... I got a manicure a while back. My first manicure. ... It's too bad I didn't take a picture. I was feeling girly ... and my dance showcase was only a couple weeks away ... so I just went for it! I spent $40 stinkin' dollars on a french tip. My nails looked really good. But man, they were hard to get used to. And a few days after showcase, I broke down and broke 'em off. Yeah. Probably not so smart ... spent a good chunk of money on those. But the tomboy took over! Haha! But it was worth it. I got lots of compliments; they were kinda fun; they made me feel like a girl; and now, I know what it's like to pamper myself.

I'll probably never get 'em again ... but I got 'em. Bucket List Item #54: Get a Manicure --- CHECK! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment