Sunday, October 30, 2011

Team Jacob is no more ... for me anyway

So my friend, Maggie, and any of you readers who are apart of "Team Edward" will be happy to hear that I have officially switched over to Team Edward from Team Jacob.

But what's funny is I arrived at this conclusion after reading a totally unrelated book --- Christy. Hahaha! ... I don't know if you know the Christy story - Catherine Marshall's book about her mother - a young woman who went to the back woods of Tennessee to teach impoverished children in the early 1900s. Well, the book (and her real-life story) presents Christy with a choice between two men - a young preacher (David) and an older doctor (Neil). I see lots of similarities between Jacob and David and lots of similarities between Edward and Neil. I recently finished reading Christy, and I found that my original choice (David) is lacking - a lot. I'm so bummed 'cause he is not as cool in the book as he is in the TV series. And the same goes for Jacob - he's not as great in the books as he is in the movies. I will say I still like David and Jacob. But ... I think I've officially switched to "Team Neil" and Team Edward.

The more mature, more together, more selfless guy needs to be with the girl. And I think that's who I want for ME as well. And they win in the end anyway.

Hahaha! All of that to say ... I am for Team Edward, and my friend, Maggie, is thrilled. Just don't tell my friend, Hannah. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment