Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dogs and Bears, oh my!

When I was about 6 years old, my dad, mom, Wes, and I went to Colorado for a family vacation. We used to go on family vacations a lot more regularly when I was growing up. They were always a ton of fun. Most of the time, we went to Florida ... but that year, we went to the mountains of Colorado. We stayed at a camp of some sort ... cabins, dining hall, huge dogs the size of bears, and actual bears ... ya know ... Colorado stuff.

I don't remember much about the trip. But the two things I do remember were the huge dogs and the bears.
When you're 6, a big dog is practically a bear. And I was scared to death of these dogs! This camp had to have nearly a dozen dogs runnin' around all the time. And they were huge! I was scared every time I walked out of our cabin. Maybe that's why I'm so afraid of dogs (and really any animal) to this day. Actually, I doubt it. I'm just a big baby.
And the bears ... I didn't actually see a bear, mind you. But I could have! Hahaha! Actually, I only vividly remember my mom and I sleeping in our big van one night during the trip because the other families staying in our cabin were loud and obnoxious ... and I tossed and turned all night, afraid a bear would push in the button on the door handle, open the door, and eat us alive! It's one of those memories that you recall so easily - it's like it happened yesterday.

I think I rode my first and only horse at that camp too, but I don't remember that ... just have a picture around the house somewhere proving the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment