Monday, December 5, 2011

Sweet Missouri Memories :)

Missouri Memories ... *big sigh*

I've been to Missouri a handful of times, but the only two things I've done in Missouri are eat at Lambert's Cafe' in Sikeston and visit Pastor Mike and Shelley in Poplar Bluff ... while they still lived there.

Lambert's is a pretty cool place. They have giant mugs that they serve their drinks in ... I bought one, and I use it all the time. But I think my brother stole it and took it to Evansville with him ... he is always stealing my stuff. *Rolling of the eyes* I sure hope he didn't lose it! Man. Lambert's is also cool because they throw rolls at you from across the room! So fun! You just raise your hand or yell "roll over here" or something, and they throw one to you. And they have pretty good aim too. They have yummy sweet tea and chicken and dumplings.

And going to Pastor Mike and Shelley's was always fun. Now that they live 27 hours away, I don't get to see them as often, but the 6-hour drive to Poplar Bluff was a trek I made a couple times a year. Such good times! It was always good to see my second family. Shelley and I would always go out just the two of us at least once every time I saw them. She'd often make me one of my favorites - her yummy chocolate caramel cake ... and she'd always have lots of sweet tea for me! And her red beans and rice ... gosh, I miss that meal. I'd always play princesses or color princesses and watch princess movies with Anna. I'd get to talk with the boys. Pastor Mike and I would always talk about SoZo. And I'd usually get to see the beautiful Tori. And visit Fellowship ... and sometimes, go to their youth group meetings. I miss those guys so much. I can't wait to visit them in Arizona someday ... see their new home and church and hear Pastor Mike preach from the pulpit. Yeah, man. That's gonna be great.

I sure am thankful for my trips to Missouri. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment