Monday, December 5, 2011

Ohio Thanksgivings

I'm sure I've been to Ohio several times ... for a variety of reasons. Book conventions ... just passing through on my way to another state ... but I think my favorite memories were family Thanksgivings at Wayne and Kathy's house. Those were always my favorite family get-togethers too. I'm not sure why. It was probably because I liked traveling a bit to get there - made it feel more special. And Wayne and Kathy live on a farm ... so we'd always get to see the farm animals. And I'd get to watch my uncles and second cousins shoot their guns. Haha! That sounds funny to me for some reason. They'd shoot discs into the air and then shoot 'em with their big guns. Makes me laugh. And we'd go on hayrides and sometimes play football in the yard. And there were pretty sunsets. Lots of good times. I wish we still had our family Thanksgiving there every year. It always felt more like a family ... there was a closeness there. I miss that ...

No comments:

Post a Comment