Saturday, May 22, 2010

You can't beat a night of INCREDIBLE harmonies!!!















What a night!!!!

The Martins, The Isaacs, The Booth Brothers .... The GAITHER VOCAL BAND!!! Wow!!!!!!!!! The talent in this building last night was crazy!!!! The night was full of fun glimpses of grace too ... not just INCREDIBLE harmonies ... but lots of little things that made me smile all night long.

First - I met Charlie and Rosie from Greenwood while we waited in line to get in the door. Such a sweet couple! Rosie went on and on about how I looked like and reminded her of her oldest granddaughter, Karen. My hair isn't as red as hers ... I found out. :) I hung out with them for a few minutes while we browsed the booths before the concert ... and then they headed to their FLOOR seats ... yes, I told them I was jealous - I was in the nosebleed section! ;) We waved to each other and agreed that we'd see each other again - in eternity. :) Praise God for meetings such as this ...

Second - There was a jazzy-kind-of-band outside the arena, playing while people browsed booths and got their tickets checked in. They were pretty cool! I leaned against a brick pillow and listened for a bit. A piano, a trumpet, a clarinet, a trombone, a bass player, and a drummer. Such great music!

Third - They gave us key chain flashlights that said "Gaither Homecoming 2010" on 'em when we checked in. A woman walked up the stairs and laughed loudly as someone tried to hand her a key chain ... she said, "I think I've still got mine from last year" and laughed really loud. She had a huge smile on her face ... and for whatever reason, it made me smile really big too. Smiles are contagious, aren't they?? :) She was just a hoot!

Fourth - I met a woman named Bonnie once I got seated. She sat two seats down from me, and we got to talking. It's amazing what you learn about a person in just a 10-minute conversation. Bonnie is quite the spunky lady. She is 65 years old .... got hooked on Souther Gospel in the early 80s ... has been to about 6 Gaither Vocal Band concerts .... has been divorced twice .... is a Seventh Day Adventist .... and she was at the concert alone just like me. Not everything we talked about was happy conversation, but it was a blessing to talk with her just the same.

Fifth - I saw Paul and Lisa Barry while I was there. They are a couple who used to go to Calvary. It was such a surprise to see someone I knew at the concert! We stopped and chatted for a minute ... what fun!

Sixth and Lastly - Like I said in the beginning, the harmonies were flippin' incredible!!!! You can't beat 5-part male harmony ... you just can't! And you can't beat David Phelps and Wes Hampton!!!!! They are the two most incredible singers I've ever heard!!!! I wanted to box them up, bring them home with me, and have them sit in my room and sing to me all day long ... everyday!!!! Absolutely amazing singers!!!!! And the tight, gorgeous harmonies brought tears to my eyes at least half a dozen times!!!!!

So the entire night was awesome!!! :) I'll have to put a second Gaither Vocal Band concert on my Bucket List!!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment